I found this recipe from the magazine we receive every month. When I saw the picture, I thought it really looks good plus the ingredients are easy to find in our own pantry. After cooking it, it really taste good and it was like a pudding. My husband likes it (of course)!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Ingredients: APPLE FILLING
- 2 large golden delicious or granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- whipped cream for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, milk, eggs, sugar and salt until no lumps remain.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While oven preheats, place a large slope-sided baking pan or ovenproof skillet (iron skillet) into oven and add butter.
- When butter is melted, remove from the oven. Pour pancake mixture into heated pan and return to oven.
- Bake pancake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are puffed and golden.
Procedure: APPLE FILLING
- In medium skillet, saute apples in butter until tender - 5 to 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cut pancake according to your serving. Top pancake with caramelized apples. You can garnish it with whipped cream if desired.