I was feeling hungry earlier and decided to cook the fresh asparagus we bought last Monday. The recipe I had in mind was to use scallops together with the asparagus. I didn't know that we ran out of scallops so I used the shrimp instead. I am thinking what would be the best recipe I can cook with shrimp and asparagus that is easy and I wouldn't wait long cooking them. I took the red and yellow bell peppers out from the refrigerator.
- 1 pound of raw extra large shrimp
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper, slice into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, slice into strips
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds
- First, boil the fresh asparagus for 3-5 minutes, enough for the asparagus to be tender. Heat the skillet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add and saute the shrimp. Sprinkle the granulated garlic and ground ginger. Stir-fry until the shrimp turns red.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the shrimp. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the asparagus, stir-fry and lastly, add the red and yellow bell peppers. Stir-fry until vegetables are cook.
- Serve hot and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of it.
Note: You can squeeze lemon on top of it if you like. In my case, my husband doesn't like lemon because he said it's sour. So I ended up eating the lemon and it feels like I am drinking tequila.