Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I heard in the news that with temperatures plunging, utility officials warned that it could be mid-February before electricity is restored to some of the hardest-hit places. The worst of the power failures were in Arkansas, Kentucky and Ohio. My husband called his son in Kentucky and he said that the storm wasn't really bad where he lives. I hope it stops snowing tonight so we can go somewhere tomorrow.
What a lucky day! Now I have no reason to be frowned or sad. I am happy today despite the cold weather today and no sunshine again. A special thanks to all my friends who uplift my spirit and gave comments. I am very happy today!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
- Please do not take this opp if you have submitted a post for our URLS - www.pntball.com in the last 6 months.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Please spend time to scroll down and take time to read every line, and ask GOD what does He want to tell you.
Your mind is like a parachute. It functions only when open.
You lie the loudest when you lie to yourself,
you lack the courage to start you have already finished.
One thing that you can't recycle is wasted time.
Ideas won't work unless YOU do.
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
A sharp tongue can cut your own throat.
If you want your dreams to come true, you must not oversleep.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.
The best vitamin for making friends is B1.
It is never too late to become what you might have been.
Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the one's who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
Friends are like balloons, once you let them go, you might not get them back. Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives and problems, that we may not even notice that we've let them fly away. Sometimes we are so caught up in who's right and who's wrong that we forget what's right or wrong. Sometimes we just don't realize what real friendship means until it is too late. I don't want to let that happen, so I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
- The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
- The Blog is refreshing and creative.
- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
- Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older Post to support.
- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
- The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
Friday, January 23, 2009
possibilities, ideas, and fascinations.
And sometimes you feel like
you don't have enough time to take it all in.
You love learning.
Whether you're in school or not,
you're probably immersed in several subjects right now.
When you're not learning, you're busy reflecting.
You think a lot about the people you know
and the things you've experienced.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- If you're mad with someone, and nobody's there to fix the situation... You fix it! Maybe today, that person still wants to be your friend. And if you don't, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you're in-love with somebody, but that person doesn't know, tell him or her. Maybe today, that person is also in-love with you. And if you don't say it, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you really want to kiss somebody, kiss him or her. Maybe that person wants a kiss from you too. And if you don't kiss him or her today, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you still love a person that you think has forgotten you... tell him or her. Maybe that person have always loved you. And if you don't tell him or her today, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you need a hug of a friend, ask him or her for it. Maybe they need it more than you do. And if you don't ask for it today, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you really have friends who you appreciate, tell them. Maybe they appreciate you as well. That if you don't and they leave or go far away today, tomorrow can be too late.
- If you love your parents, and never had the chance to show them, do it! Maybe you have them there to show them how you feel. That if you don't and they leave today, then tomorrow can be too late.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 large golden delicious or granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- whipped cream for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, milk, eggs, sugar and salt until no lumps remain.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While oven preheats, place a large slope-sided baking pan or ovenproof skillet (iron skillet) into oven and add butter.
- When butter is melted, remove from the oven. Pour pancake mixture into heated pan and return to oven.
- Bake pancake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are puffed and golden.
- In medium skillet, saute apples in butter until tender - 5 to 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cut pancake according to your serving. Top pancake with caramelized apples. You can garnish it with whipped cream if desired.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
I just wish it will go back to its regular offer amount which is from $5.00 to higher amount. What do you think?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- The 1st Commandment of Marriage: Exclusivity
- The 2nd Commandment of Marriage: Don't Love a Substitute
- The 3rd Commandment of Marriage: Speak Well of Your Mate
- The 4th Commandment of Marriage: Spend Exclusive Time Together
- The 5th Commandment of Marriage: Honor Your Spouse by Showing How Grateful You Are
- The 6th Commandment of Marriage: Don't Destroy Your Spouse But Learn to be Gentle
- The 7th Commandment of Marriage: Do Not Commit Adultery
- The 8th Commandment of Marriage: Be a Person of Integrity
- The 9th Commandment of Marriage: Be Truthful
- The 10th Commandment of Marriage:Be Content With What You Have
Sunday, January 11, 2009
- beef or pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cans of Campbelles Consomme soup
- 1 small can of mushroom
- Firstly, boil the pork ribs until they are tender
- Mix the flour, salt, ground pepper, ground pepper and Cajun seasoning
- Coat the beef or pork ribs with your seasoned flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the frying pan with oil. Fry each side of the ribs until light brown
- In a Pyrex or whatever you have (as long as it is oven safe), arrange the ribs. Pour the consomme soup, put the can of mushroom and sliced onions on top of it.
- Bake the ribs for 1 hour. Check the ribs once in a while.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Here's what you need to do:
- Answer the following questions through Google pictures and you may add some text if needed.
2. Four (4) favorite places I would like to go and why?
3. Four (4) things that pop-out when you Google my name:
A 1961-1966 fictional TV series who's a live-in maid.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Earlier today, my husband plowed the driveway because tonight and tomorrow we will get an additional 10 inches of snow. So you think it is cool living in the snow? You have to give it a try. My friends back home are telling me how cool I am experiencing the snow. But they really don't understand how miserable it really is. Tell me what you think!
The good news is, Fiskars Project Orange Thumb grant is a great resource to provide the gardening tools to begin a garden or enhance a garden that already existed. How cool can that be? I am sure that the tools we are going to use are new and some of the best up-to-date tools available. What's your plan this coming springtime? Join us to make the world green and beautiful by signing and applying HERE. The application deadline will be on February 17, 2009. Who knows, you might be one of the lucky grant recipients of up to $1,000 in green goods and $1,500 in Fiskars gardening tools.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- 1 pound of raw extra large shrimp
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper, slice into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, slice into strips
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds
- First, boil the fresh asparagus for 3-5 minutes, enough for the asparagus to be tender. Heat the skillet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add and saute the shrimp. Sprinkle the granulated garlic and ground ginger. Stir-fry until the shrimp turns red.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the shrimp. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the asparagus, stir-fry and lastly, add the red and yellow bell peppers. Stir-fry until vegetables are cook.
- Serve hot and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of it.
I visited the website of Make Yourself Amazing (MYA), a cosmetic surgery that specializes in breast enhancement, but also offers a full range of surgical and non-surgical procedures. They also offer the best advice and to be able to produce an amazing result. They will provide all the details that you need to know to give you information on whatever procedure you will take. As I go over their website, I clicked on body reshaping menu and found out about tummy surgery. This procedure will trim unwanted fats from the tummy and tightens the abdominal muscles. For sure, it will give me back the confidence I lost for a long time. I will never hide my confidence ever again.
If you want to look good and be confident, visit the website - MYA UK and feel the amazing results you could ever have. Stop hiding yourself and gain back the confidence you once lost.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.
2. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture.
3. Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes with the picture.
4. Tag 5 other glorious people to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog telling them about it.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
The husband was patient enough to plow the snow from the driveway with his old tractor. And I am telling you that it wasn't easy being out in a cold weather. Aren't you going to ask me what I did while the husband was out? I was in-front of my computer doing EC dropping and visiting my friend's blog site. What a lazy butt I got! After facing the computer, I made my part as a homemaker. I did cook for our lunch and pampered my husband with all my love and care.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Adei, Adin, Anne Bianca, Chrissy, Claire, Donabel, Ivy, Janeth Vicy, Simply Jacy, Jenneth, Jerlalou, Noryfel, Roche, Rowena and Vannie
Friday, January 2, 2009
We can't go out of the house because we have 4-feet of snow. The snow is piled up around our house, and it looks like an igloo. They are forecasting that there will be more snow and very cold weather. We really want to go South. All we can do is eat, sleep, cuddle with each other and watch TV. Our life has never been boring like this!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
The New Year’s Blog Award
You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
Post at least five New Year’s Resolutions. If you can’t limit it to five, then continue until you go out of space.
Pass the award along to as many bloggers as you like.
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back the person who gave you the award.
My New Year’s Resolutions
1. I will try not to procrastinate.
2. I will try to wake up early.
3. I will try to at least get a workout for myself to feel better and be fit.
4. I will try to get ready at least 30 minutes before the time when the husband and I will go somewhere. The husband gets grouchy when my lazy butt aren't ready yet.
5. I will try not stay longer in-front of the PC so I can give my husband all my attention and love.
Do you have your own new year's resolution too? Let me hear it from:
Adin's Chika Corner
Ann Christine's Blessed Life
Ann Kerney's World
Eva Marie's Chronicles of Boredom
Jenneth's My Sweet Haven
Manollie's Haus of Thoughts
Fel's Bienvenue a la Noryfel
Reveries of SimplyJacy
Roche's Illustration of Passion
Amor's Anything and Everything
Anne Bianca's My Little Home
Janeth Vicy's Life Journey
Richelle's My Daily Diary
Rowena's In Depth
Rosemarie's Celebrate Life
Joy's Wife of a Warrior
Jerlalou's A Mother of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Let's celebrate and welcome 2009. Happy New Year everyone! Cheers!