Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Icy Darkness



As usual, I woke up late again today. I can hear the wind whistling. My husband was watching the news when I came to the living room. It is snowing outside. I can feel the chill in the air and the wind whistle. A winter storm dumped about 5 inches of snow in our area. We are lucky that we didn't lose power. I just don't know what to do when there's no power, meaning to say that I don't have internet, no TV and all. It is just scary to think.

I heard in the news that with temperatures plunging, utility officials warned that it could be mid-February before electricity is restored to some of the hardest-hit places. The worst of the power failures were in Arkansas, Kentucky and Ohio. My husband called his son in Kentucky and he said that the storm wasn't really bad where he lives. I hope it stops snowing tonight so we can go somewhere tomorrow.

4 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

it is a good thing you guys are okay.. sila ate Wena got hit by icestorm.. and I sure know how it feels like without electricity for a week and a day.. waaaaaaaa take care!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Adin, yeah we are doing good here. It is snowing the whole day. I don't think I can live that long without electricity. Thanks Adin, take care too

amiable amy said...

this is a nice picture girl...yap, that is the worst scenario in this season...pag may storm...double ang risk ng mga tao...anyway, i hope the power supply will be restored soonest possible

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Amy! oo nga eh, it is really harsh and scary, especially when there's a blizzard here in ND, nobody is allowed to travel jud