I am on the list! I got tag by Grace - Lily of the Valley. This tag is called Top 5 Women. On the other hand, Amiable Amy tagged me too. Thanks girls! I have few women that I admire most and now you will know who's on my top five list. Read on!
Women found their voice in the 20th Century. No longer silent and passive, no longer confined to kitchens and bedrooms, women today are educators and athletes, politicians and activists, doctors and adventurers. Women entrepreneurs boldly lead in business. Women scientists make breakthrough discoveries. Women journalists and writers suggest new ways of examining issues and events.
Top 5 Women:
1. Oprah Winfrey
- She is an influential book critic, an Academy Award nominated actress and a magazine publisher. Her internationally-syndicated talk show - The Oprah Winfrey Show, has earned her multiple Emmy Awards and is the highest-rated talk show in the history of television. She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the most philanthropic African-American of all time and was once the world's only black billionaire. She's also one of the most influential woman in the world.
- She may not be your typical kind of woman but I like her poise just after the break-up with her ex-husband. She became famous from the mid 1990s to the early 2000s for playing the role of Rachel Green in the popular U.S. sitcom Friends, a role for which she won an Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- She's a British author - best known as the creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series, the idea for which was conceived whilst on a train trip from Manchester to London in 1990. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards and sold more than 400 million copies. Aside from writing the Potter novels, she's perhaps equally famous for her rags to riches life story, in which she progressed from living on welfare to multi-millionaire status within five years.
- She's an American business magnate, television host, author and magazine publisher. She is also the founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, she has gained success through a variety of business ventures, encompassing publishing, broadcasting and merchandising. I like her kitchenware collections, the recipes, home and decorating tips.
- An iconic presence on the world stage, she was noted for her sense of compassion, style, charisma, and high-profile charity work, as well as her difficult marriage to Prince Charles.