Saturday, December 6, 2008

Will I Go or Not?

Right now, I am still thinking if I will go to the Filipino gathering in Fargo, ND. It is actually a Christmas party that will be hosted by a Filipina living in the largest city of North Dakota. I am still waiting for the call of the Filipina - Maria I met few weeks ago in a Catholic church. She said, if she will call, we might have to go.We are still watching what would be the weather tomorrow. I am wishing it will not snow so it is just easy for us to drive going Fargo.

I have to bring food to share to everybody for tomorrow's Christmas party. It is called Adobo Chicken Wings with Lemon. I still don't have any idea what gift I will give for gift-giving tomorrow. It is worth $20. I know I can find something with $20 but I am picky in regards of gift-giving. I want something they can use and will last long, maybe a kitchen utensil or a food warmer will be good. At this time, I am still waiting for Maria's call. I don't want any rush so I can still have time to prepare the food I am going to share at the party. Wish she will call me soon. If not, me and the husband have something to do tomorrow.

2 comments:

D said...

hi Haze! So, did you go to that Filipina gathering/Christmas party? How was it? I know what you mean about gift-giving, I take a looooong time to pick out gifts to give too. I really want the receiver to appreciate what I have given them, that's why I always try to put myself in the shoes of the other person and ask myself, if I were the person receiving the gift, what would I want to receive?
Anyway, hope u had fun!=)

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I didn't go to the first Christmas potluck in Fargo, but I did go to the second potluck because it is just in town about 5 miles away from our house.

You are right! If I will give something, I want the person to like or love what I am going to give. So it won't be a waste of money, time and effort.