Thursday, August 28, 2008

Of Writing and Typing...

It is just so funny how I think about the use of my bare hands. With the exception of bragging, I have a nice handwriting when I was still a good student or shall I say until to these days... I try to write as neat as possible for my own and everyone's understanding when they read what I write. Especially when I answer questions in my test papers. I don't even remember what age I started writing but as far as I can remember I know how to write my own name, write the letters in the alphabet and count from 1 to 10 just before I started to step in my early school days (Kindergarten). There are times that I get lazy to write because my teacher wants us to copy the whole book during my Elementary years cover to cover! That was weird! Where in fact, we already have the book that was loan to us and return it at the end of the school year.

When I was in High School, I was even challenged by the use of the modern technology - the computers! Using computers was a very challenging task. I have to know the basic programs and features of the computers plus, typing was made easy than using the manual typewriter. It was flexible and there's more things to discover than just typing alone. As for my handwriting, it requires a lot more patience than doing the task in typing. Now that I got the job, I have to go back to let my right hand do it again - to write using a pencil or ball pen. It felt like my right hand are not use to it anymore because I am using my personal computer and I just basically type what I think. Sooner or later, everything will be better and comfortable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

typing is the way to go- with keyboards and typewriters. but let's face it, nothing beats the conventional. the scribbling of letters in cursive is still the most personal means. so don't ever grow tired of using your right hand haz. especially because, like you said, you are gifted with real nice penmanship.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

and scribbling of letters are easy, just grab a pen and paper and you are ready! hehehe Thanks Rorie!