Tuesday, January 17, 2012

College Days

Thanks for the article from Laura Ryan

I did not meet my husband until I went to college. We were both students at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I was in nursing school, and he was a finance major in the business school. We used to study at the same coffee shop, and that is where I met him when he accidentally spilled coffee on a textbook I had out on my table. I guess it was love at first sight, although I have always been suspicious of him spilling the coffee. I think he did it on purpose. Anyway, we got married a month after our graduation from college. We decided that we really loved Tulsa, Oklahoma, and ended up buying a house and settling down there. Married life is a lot different than when we were single and only had to worry about studying and deciding where would go out after a game. Most of the time now we watch games on direct tv Tulsa. After working all day, who has time or the energy to go out like we used to? Back in the day, I could take a nap in the middle of the day which would keep me charged up enough to stay awake into the early hours of the morning. But when you have to work for a living, there is no time to take a nap. I really do miss those good old days.

No comments: